[Python-Dev] Re: Stability and change

akuchlin@mems-exchange.org akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 20:37:43 -0400

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 08:20:17PM -0400, Tim Peters wrote:
>Is there a simple way to get a count of bugs fixed on the release22-maint
>branch over a given time span?  I don't think so, but there *could* be if
>people added an entry to the appropriate NEWS file(s) per bug fixed.  Or
>maybe that's just dreamming up a way to discourage bug fixes <wink>.

Oh, sure; it's straightforward to write a script to pull log messages
from a given branch, and if people religiously put 'bug #NNN' in their
log messages, count up the fixed bugs.  Handling bugs fixed per time
would require more script hacking, but nothing terrifying.

I've done this ever since whatsnew21.  My numbers, surely
underestimates, are:

2.1:	117 patches, 136 bugs
2.2:    527 patches, 683 bugs
2.2.1:	139 patches, 143 bugs

--amk                                                             (www.amk.ca)
If he was a mortician, the corpses would keep their eyes open.
    -- Glitz, in "Dragonfire"