[Python-Dev] Regression in unicodestr.encode()?

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
10 Apr 2002 17:55:11 +0100

"M.-A. Lemburg" <mal@lemburg.com> writes:

> Michael Hudson wrote:
> >
> > barry@zope.com (Barry A. Warsaw) writes:
> >
> > > Is the utf-8 encoder in cvs broken?
> >
> > I seem to remember that test_unicode failed the last time I built a
> > wide unicode build from the trunk.  Someone else can find the time to
> > try this again, or I'll do it in a few days...
>
> I know that it failed on the maintenance branch, but that is
> fixed now (it had to do with the way character positions where
> counted).

Yes, and forgetting to update pointers...

> Does it also fail with CVS ? (that implementation
> is somewhat different)

That's what I was trying to say.  I may have been imagining things.

Cheers,
M.

--
  I'll write on my monitor fifty times 'I must not post self-indulgent
  wibble nobody is interested in to ucam.chat just because I'm bored