[Python-Dev] Re: Stability and change

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 19:00:32 -0400

[Guido]
> Because any PEP I write appears to mostly raise controversy once
> brought up on c.l.py.

This one was partly my fault:  when I announced your PEP Parade essay, I
added

    Note that Guido wants to keep 2.3 free of new core language features.

at the start of the last paragraph.  I did so because that's what I believed
<wink> I had heard the day before.

The next thing the community saw was a PEP from you introducing a new core
language feature for 2.3.  Some of the early responses specifically
mentioned "wtf?!  didn't Tim just say Guido wants yadda yadda?".  BTW, the
reaction to the sentence quoted above was crushingly favorable when it was
first posted.  The idea that 2.3 was to be a "consolidation" release was
very popular.

it's-not-bool's-fault-but-the-timing-was-perhaps-sub-optimal-ly y'rs  - tim