[Python-Dev] A dizzying stream of checkins

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 16:51:36 -0400

Guido van Rossum writes:
 > Zope Corp uses a superior post-commit action script that seems to be
 > able to send email to different lists depending to the tag; maybe we
 > can add that feature to our commit script?

Based on the tag?  It uses the directory of the checkin as the key,
which certainly makes it look like the tag might have been involved in
the Zope 3 development.  But I'm pretty sure it's tree location only.

One nicety would be to get the branch name in the subject line --
that would make it a lot easier to filter, either mechanically of
visually.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>