[Python-Dev] Crude Python->Parrot compiler

Wed, 26 Sep 2001 12:01:00 -0400

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 03:24:19PM +0100, Simon Cozens wrote:
>Andrew, are you planning to do any more on this? If so, let me know if we can
>do anything that will make it easier for you - more information, more things
>implemented, or whatever.

It's been entertaining so far, and I'll probably keep playing with it,
but I have no intention of becoming the person responsible for
Parrot/Python interfacing long-term.  The only helpful thing that
needs to be implemented would be PMCs, and that's scheduled for Parrot
0.0.3.  Without PMCs, there seems little else productive that can be
done.

(Oh, I did send a trivial patch to Gregor to make assemble.pl return a
non-zero status when there's an assembly error; otherwise
parrot-gen.py has no way to detect a problem in its output.)

Question for Guido and Simon: Should I check this into sandbox/ in the
Python CVS tree, or do you want to pull it into the Parrot CVS?  I'd
like to have it in a public CVS tree someplace, preferably one where I
have checkin privileges.  sandbox/ is fine with me.

--amk