[Python-Dev] Fixing send()

Aahz Maruch aahz@rahul.net
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 18:12:45 -0700 (PDT)

Anthony Baxter wrote:
>Guido van Rossum wrote
>>
>> I think Anthony is going to add this to the 2.1.2 bugfix release as
>> well -- with the same argument for breaking the feature freeze.
>
> That's correct. I think it's the appropriate way forward.
>
> I'm pretty sure the "goals for patch selection" had an implicit
> "except where footnote 1 applies" in there :)

PEP 6 has an explicit exception for BDFL Pronouncements.  ;-)

Given that this is "guaranteed" to not break any code, it's fair game.
--
                      --- Aahz (@pobox.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6       <*>       http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

We must not let the evil of a few trample the freedoms of the many.