[Python-Dev] Goals for patch selection for 2.1.2

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 02:33:39 -0400

[Anthony Baxter]
> Hm. What's the general consensus on portability fixes w.r.t. 2.1.2?

If it's for a platform where Python used to run OK, it's probably "a bug" if
2.1.2 no longer runs on it (I say "probably" because you really don't want
all the changes it would take to get Python working correctly under, e.g.,
WinCE again ...).

If it's for a platform where Python has never run, then running on that
platform is a new feature, and I wouldn't touch that in a bugfix release
even if you stood between us and blocked most of the exploding guts <wink>.