[Python-Dev] Problem with Py_NewInterpreter

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 11:11:45 -0400

> Don't know why it got posted where it did (in the mysql-python forum on SF),
> but some guy posted a question/problem about executing Py_NewInterpreter
> twice.  I have no experience with this sort of stuff, so I figured I'd
> forward it along to the people with the smarts in this area:
>
>     http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=249171
>
> (Need I say, "don't respond to me"? ;-)

I've posted a quick pointer to Demo/pysvr which shows how to use
Py_NewInterpreter().

It is possible that mysql contains global state that can't be shared
between interpreters; mysql may have to be changed to fix that.  But I
don't know.