[Python-Dev] CML2 compiler speedup

Eric esr@thyrsus.com
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 13:38:14 -0800

Fredrik Lundh <fredrik@pythonware.com>:
> tim wrote:
> > If all you got out of crafting a one-grammar parser by hand is a measly
> > factor of 2, there's likely a factor of 10 still untouched (wrt "the best"
> > parser generators for restricted grammars, in C).
>
> talking about performance, has anyone played with using SRE's
> lastindex/lastgroup stuff with SPARK?
>
> (is there anything else I could do in SRE to make SPARK run faster?)

Wouldn't help me, I wasn't using the SPARK scanner.  The overhead really
was in the parsing.

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and
strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a
woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
	-- L. Neil Smith