[Python-Dev] Re: Sets: elt in dict, lst.include - really begs for a PEP

Greg Ewing greg@cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Thu, 01 Feb 2001 12:21:04 +1300 (NZDT)

barry@digicool.com (Barry A. Warsaw):

>    for key in dict.iterator(KEYS)
>    for value in dict.iterator(VALUES)
>    for key, value in dict.iterator(ITEMS)

Yuck. I don't like any of this "for x in y.iterator_something()"
stuff. The things you're after aren't "in" the iterator, they're
"in" the dict. I don't want to know that there are iterators
involved.

We seem to be coming up with more and more convoluted ways
to say things that should be very straightforward.