[Python-Dev] webbrowser.py

Eric S. Raymond esr@thyrsus.com
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 04:21:56 -0500

Moshe Zadka <moshez@zadka.site.co.il>:
> I know Eric uses RH and mutt, so probably RH's urlview program (which
> mutt uses to jump to URLs) uses BROWSER. I was just about to submit
> a bug report to Debian that their urlview doesn't respect it.

Oh, *do* that!  Note: BROWSER may consist of a colon-separated series
of parts, browser commands to be tried in order (this is useful so you
can put an X browser first, then a console browser, and have the right
thing happen).  If a part contains %s, the URL is substituted there;
otherwise, the URL is concatenated to the command after a space.

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and
strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a
woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
	-- L. Neil Smith