[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Include pyport.h,2.24,2.25

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 16:14:02 +0100

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 10:06:06AM -0500, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > Move declaration of 'clnt_create()' NIS function to pyport.h, as it's
> > supposed to be declared in system include files (with a proper prototype.)
> > Should be moved to a platform-specific block if anyone finds out which
> > broken platforms need it :-)
>
> [The following is inside #if 0]
> > + /* From Modules/nismodule.c */
> > + CLIENT *clnt_create();
> > +
>
> Thomas, I'm not sure if this particular declaration belongs in
> pyport.h, even inside #if 0.
>
> CLIENT is declared in a NIS-specific header file that's not included by
> pyport.h, but which *is* included by nismodule.c.
>
> I think you did the right thing to nismodule.c; the pyport.h patch is
> redundant in my eyes.

The same goes for most prototypes inside that '#if 0'. I see it more as an
easy list to see what prototypes were removed than as proper examples of the
prototype. You're right about CLIENT being defined in system-specific
include files, I just wasn't worried about it because it was inside an '#if 0'
that will never be turned into an '#if 1'. If a specific platform needs that
prototype, we'll figure out how to arrange the prototype then :)

But if you want me to remove it, that's fine.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>