[Python-Dev] Those import related syntax errors again...

Moshe Zadka moshez@zadka.site.co.il
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 19:06:17 +0200 (IST)

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001 11:42:18 -0500, "Eric S. Raymond" <esr@thyrsus.com> wrote:

[re: disabling nested scopes]
> Aaargghh!  I'm already using them.

That's not a valid excuse. The official position of Python-Dev regarding
alphas is "a feature is not in until it's a release candidate -- we reserve
the right to pull features before"

Whatever we do, ifdefing is not the answer -- two incompat. versions of
Python with the same number? Are we insane?
--
"I'll be ex-DPL soon anyway so I'm        |LUKE: Is Perl better than Python?
looking for someplace else to grab power."|YODA: No...no... no. Quicker,