[Python-Dev] Setup.local is getting zapped

Fri, 2 Feb 2001 20:09:45 -0600 (CST)

Modules/Setup.local is getting zapped by some aspect of the build process.
Not sure by what step, but mine had lines I added to it a few days ago, and
nothing now.  It should be treated as Modules/Setup used to be: initialize
it if it's absent, don't touch it if it's there.

The distclean target looks like the culprit:

    distclean: clobber
	    -rm -f Makefile Makefile.pre buildno config.status config.log \
		    config.cache config.h setup.cfg Modules/config.c \
		    Modules/Setup Modules/Setup.local Modules/Setup.config

I've been using it a lot lately to build from scratch, what with the new
Makefile and setup.py.  Since Setup.local is ostensibly something a user
would edit manually and would never have useful content in it as
distributed, I don't think even distclean should zap it.

Skip