[Python-Dev] python2.1.2 plans, plus the curse of PEP-006.

Aahz Maruch aahz@rahul.net
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 09:43:38 -0800 (PST)

Anthony Baxter wrote:

> (I'm not sure if it's just me, but it's possible the reason no-one's
> done two bugfix releases in a row is that PEP-006 is accursed, and
> brings down the wrath of gods on anyone foolish enough to get involved.
> I'm hoping that the last few weeks horror is over and done now...)

Hmmmm....  I think the fact that three different people have stepped up
to the plate to handle bugfix releases is a *feature*.  In addition,
three releases in six months does not a long-term trend make.  As Barry
said, if there's a problem with PEP6, I'd love to know about it; other
than that, there haven't IMO been enough Python releases and patches to
warrant more bugfix releases than have occurred or are on the plate.

Good work so far!
--
                      --- Aahz (@pobox.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6       <*>       http://www.rahul.net/aahz/

We must not let the evil of a few trample the freedoms of the many.