[Python-Dev] test_threaded_import

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:29:51 +0200

I spent the last couple of days hunting for the bug in MacPython threaded
import, but it turned out the bug is in the test harness. (I did find another
serious bug in the process, so the time wasn't wasted, but still)

The problem is that test_threaded_import cannot run inside an "import". It
knows this, and so does regrtest, so they run the test after the import by
calling test_threaded_import.test_main(), which does the actual test.

All good and fine if you run regrtest as a main script from the commandline,
but of course it breaks if you run autotest, or if you "import regrtest" in an
interactive window, because in these cases the import in the main thread
already holds the lock.

I can simply add an "if not verbose", as in test_socketserver, but that isn't
really the problem. Does anyone know a better solution?
www.cwi.nl/~jack        | ++++ see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/ ++++