[Python-Dev] 2.2a1 patch from PyChecker

Neal Norwitz neal@metaslash.com
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 15:18:28 -0400

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> Going through your patches, I notice a few areas where I disagree.

Ok.  I won't make these changes in the future.

> Also, I can't figure out why you want to delete the setlocale() method
> from the locale.py module.

In my version (2.2a1), there was was something like this:

	try:
		from x import *
	except ImportError:
		def setlocale(): pass

	def setlocale(): pass

So it seems to me the setlocale in the except clause (which is the one
that should have been deleted), will always be replaced with one outside
try/except.  Am I missing something or has the code changed?

> Apart from these, I'm applying many of these, and Andrew has already
> applied many more.  So thanks again!

Great.  I will try to start working on the doc strings.

> One thing.  Next time please use a recent CVS.

Ok.

Neal