[Python-Dev] last second patches (was: regarding the Python Developer posting...)

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 15:21:11 -0500

> mal wrote:
> > Any chance of taking a look at it first ?
>
> same as unicodedatabase.c, just other data.
>
> > (BTW, what happened to the usual post to SF, review, then
> > checkin cycle ?)
>
> two problems: SF cannot handle patches larger than 500k.
> and we're in ship mode...
>
> > The C type checks are a little performance sensitive since they
> > are used on a char by char basis in the C implementation of
> > .upper(), etc. -- do the new methods give the same performance ?
>
> well, they're about 40% faster on my box.  ymmv, of course.

Fredrik, why don't you make your patch available for review by
Marc-Andre -- after all he "owns" this code (is the original author).
If Marc-Andre agrees, and Jeremy has enough time to finish the release
on time, I have no problem with checking it in.

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.pythonlabs.com/~guido/)