[Python-Dev] Challenge about print >> None

Paul prescod@prescod.net
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 19:12:28 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> Paul, I don't see why you keep whining about this. ...
>
> If this had been in the language from day one nobody would have
> challenged it.  (And I've used my time machine to prove it, so don't
> argue. :-)

Well I still dislike "print" and map( None, ...) but yes, the societal bar
is much higher for change than for status quo. That's how the world works.

> If you believe I should no longer be the BDFL, say so, but please keep
> it out of python-dev.  We're trying to get work done here.  You're an
> employee of a valued member of the Python Consortium.  As such you can
> request (through your boss) to be subscribed to the Consortium mailing
> list.  Feel free to bring this up there -- there's not much else going
> on there.

What message are you replying to?

According to the archives, I've sent four messages since the beginning of
September. None of them suggest you are doing a bad job as BDFL (other
than being wrong on this particular issue).

 Paul Prescod