[Python-Dev] newimp.py

Charles G Waldman cgw@fnal.gov
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 16:08:09 -0500 (CDT)

Skip Montanaro writes:

 > Ah, yes, I get something:
 >
 >     beluga:Lib% cvs update newimp.py
 >     U newimp.py
 >     beluga:Lib% ls -l newimp.py
 >     -rwxrwxr-x    1 skip     skip        54767 Jul 12  1995 newimp.py

 > Why newimp.py is still available, I have no idea.  Note the beginning of the
 > module's doc string:

It's clear that the file is quite obsolete.  It's been moved to the
Attic, and the most recent tag on it is r13beta1.

What's not clear is why "cvs update" still fetches it.

Something is way screwy with SourceForge's CVS server, I'm tellin' ya!

Maybe it's running on a Linux box and uses the pthreads library?  ;-)

I guess since the server is at SourceForge, it's not really under
immediate control of anybody at either python.org or
BeOpen/PythonLabs, so it doesn't seem very likely that this will get
looked into anytime soon.  Sigh....