[Python-Dev] libdb on by default, but no db.h

Sun, 3 Sep 2000 23:16:52 -0500 (CDT)

    Vlad> After looking again at Modules/Setup.config, I wonder whether it
    Vlad> would be handy to add a configure option --with-shared (or
    Vlad> similar) which would uncomment #*shared* there and in Setup
    Vlad> automatically (in line with the other recent niceties like
    Vlad> --with-pydebug).

On second thought, I think this is not a good idea right now because
Modules/Setup is not usually fiddled by the configure step.  If "#*shared*"
existed in Modules/Setup and the user executed "./configure --with-shared",
they'd be disappointed that the modules declared in Modules/Setup following
that line weren't built as shared objects.

Skip