[Python-Dev] Re: DEBUG_SAVEALL feature for gc not in 2.0b1?

Sat, 2 Sep 2000 12:43:06 -0500 (CDT)

    Vlad> Skip Montanaro wrote:
    >>
    >> If I read my (patched) version of gcmodule.c correctly, with the
    >> gc.DEBUG_SAVEALL bit set, gc.garbage *does* acquire all garbage, not
    >> just the stuff with __del__ methods.

    Vlad> Yes. And you don't know which objects are collectable and which
    Vlad> ones are not by this collector. That is, SAVEALL transforms the
    Vlad> collector in a cycle detector.

Which is precisely what I want.  I'm trying to locate cycles in a
long-running program.  In that environment collectable and uncollectable
garbage are just as bad since I still use 1.5.2 in production.

Skip