[Python-Dev] Even more prerelease Python fun on Windows!

Vladimir Marangozov Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 17:00:47 +0200 (CEST)

Tim Peters wrote:

> As below, except the new file is
>
>     /pub/windows/beopen-python2b1p2-20000901.exe
>     5,783,115 bytes
>
> still from anonymous FTP at python.beopen.com.  The p1 version has been
> removed.

In case my feedback matters, being a Windows amateur, the installation
went smoothly on my home P100 with some early Win95 pre-release. In the
great Windows tradition, I was asked to reboot & did so. The regression
tests passed in console mode. Then launched successfully IDLE. In IDLE
I get *beep* sounds every time I hit RETURN without typing anything.
I was able to close both the console and IDLE without problems. Haven't
tried the uninstall link, though.

don't-ask-me-any-questions-about-Windows'ly y'rs
--
       Vladimir MARANGOZOV          | Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr