[Python-Dev] Release candidate followed by feature freeze?

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Thu, 05 Oct 2000 13:43:30 -0500

> what's the current release schedule, btw?

Let me give that a shot...

-   Feature Freeze Now.  I.e. it's too late for anything even vaguely
    resembling a feature -- even if it's been discussed to death.

-   Bugfix Checkin Freeze Saturday (Oct 7)
    Starting Saturday, all checkins must be coordinated with the
    releasemeister (still Jeremy).

-   Release Candidate Monday (Oct 9)

-   Final Release Monday week (Oct 16)

Between the Release Candidate and the Final Release, all checkins must
fix bugs and must be approved by the releasemeister.

> is the repository frozen, or do we still have a chance to fix
> the GC tuple problem and SRE's "nothing to repeat" bug?

Simple bugfixes are okay till Saturday.  Bugfixes that are complex and
may break other stuff should be discussed with the releasemeister,
possibly cc'ing python-dev.