[Python-Dev] Release candidate schedule

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@beopen.com
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 10:42:31 -0400 (EDT)

There are still a number of open bugs that need to be addressed before
we can issue a release candidate.  We plan to issue the release
candidate on Monday and the final release a week later.

According to the Sourceforge bug report --
http://sourceforge.net/bugs/reporting/?group_id=5470&run_report=1&tech=1
-- the following people still have open bugs:

akuchlin (3)
bwarsaw (3)
dcjim (2)
effbot (5)
fdrake (4)
gvanrossum (12)
gward (1)
jackjansen (1)
jhylton (8)
lemburg (2)
mhammond (5)
nascheme (3)
tim_one (5)

I don't expect that every bug will be closed before 2.0 final, but
there are some open bugs about test failures and build problems with
2.0 beta releases.  We should address these if at all possible.

Please review your open bugs and make sure you aren't forgetting about
something.  If you have bugs that will not be fixed for 2.0, make sure
they have a fairly low priority.  If you have bugs you will not be
able to address, assign them to me.

Jeremy