[Python-Dev] Updated curses module in CVS

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Tue, 23 May 2000 19:33:28 -0400 (EDT)

Today I checked in a new version of the curses module that will only
work with ncurses and/or SYSV curses.  I've tried compiling it on
Linux with ncurses 5.0, and on Solaris; there are also #ifdef's to
make it work with some version of SGI's curses.

I'd appreciate it if people could try the module with the curses
implementations on other platforms: Tru64, AIX, *BSDs (though they use
ncurses, maybe they're some versions behind), etc.  Please let me know
of your results through e-mail.

And if you have code that used the old curses module, and breaks with
the new module, please let me know; the goal is to have 100%
backward-compatibility.

Also, here's a list of ncurses functions that aren't yet supported;
should I make adding them a priority.  (Most of them seem to be pretty
marginal, except for the mouse-related functions which I want to add
next.)

addchnstr addchstr chgat color_set copywin define_key del_curterm
delscreen dupwin getmouse inchnstr inchstr innstr keyok mcprint
mouseinterval mousemask mvaddchnstr mvaddchstr mvchgat mvcur
mvinchnstr mvinchstr mvinnstr mmvwaddchnstr mvwaddchstr mvwchgat
mvwgetnstr mvwinchnstr mvwinchstr mvwinnstr napms newterm overlay
overwrite resetty resizeterm restartterm ripoffline savetty scr_dump
scr_init scr_restore scr_set scrl set_curterm set_term setterm
setupterm slk_attr slk_attr_off slk_attr_on slk_attr_set slk_attroff
slk_attron slk_attrset slk_clear slk_color slk_init slk_label
slk_noutrefresh slk_refresh slk_restore slk_set slk_touch tgetent
tgetflag tgetnum tgetstr tgoto tigetflag tigetnum tigetstr timeout
tparm tputs tputs typeahead ungetmouse use_default_colors vidattr
vidputs waddchnstr waddchstr wchgat wcolor_set wcursyncup wenclose
winchnstr winchstr winnstr wmouse_trafo wredrawln wscrl wtimeout

..signature has giant ASCII graphic: Forced to read "War And Peace" at 110
baud on a Braille terminal after having fingers rubbed with sandpaper.
  -- Kibo, in the Happynet Manifesto