[Python-Dev] Unicode

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
Wed, 17 May 2000 15:38:20 -0700 (PDT)

  MAL> Fredrik Lundh wrote:
  >>  of course I can kludge my way around the flaws in MAL's design,
  >> but why should I have to do that? it's broken. fixing it is easy.

  MAL> Look Fredrik, it's not *my* design. All this was discussed in
  MAL> public and in several rounds late last year. If someone made a
  MAL> mistake and "broke" anything, then we all did... I still don't
  MAL> think so, but that's my personal opinion.

I find its best to avoid referring to a design as "so-and-so's design"
unless you've got something specifically complementary to say.  Using
the person's name in combination with some criticism of the design
tends to produce a defensive reaction.  Perhaps it would help make
this discussion less contentious.

Jeremy