[Python-Dev] Traceback style

Tue, 2 May 2000 08:10:22 -0500 (CDT)

[... completely eliding Ping's note and stealing his subject ...]

On a not-quite unrelated tack, I wonder if traceback printing can be
enhanced in the case where Python code calls a function or method written in
C (possibly calling multiple C functions), which in turn calls a Python
function that raises an exception.  Currently, the Python functions on
either side of the C functions are printed, but no hint of the C function's
existence is displayed.  Any way to get some indication there's another
function in the middle?

Thanks,

--
Skip Montanaro, skip@mojam.com, http://www.mojam.com/, http://www.musi-cal.com/
"We have become ... the stewards of life's continuity on earth.  We did not