[Python-Dev] frozen exceptions.py (was: win32 specific exception in the core?)

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 20:27:47 -0500

> > Why C? Implement it in Python and freeze the sucker.
>
> size and performance.  exception classes are installed
> during initialization of the python interpreter, and they
> all need to be made available for C code anyway.
>
> (in fact, the new code isn't that much larger than the
> code needed to copy stuff from exceptions.py)

Actually, in this case, I'd vote for C too.  My reason is stability.
The process to freeze exceptions.py into the core will always be more
fragile than the process to compile C code.