[Python-Dev] Augmented assignment

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 21:50:53 +0200

I've finished rewriting the PyNumber_InPlace*() calls in the augmented
assignment patch and am about to check the entire thing in. I'll be checking
it in in parts, with the grammar/compile/ceval things last, but you might
get some weird errors in the next hour or so, depending on my link to
sourceforge. (I'm doing some last minute checks before checking it in ;)

Part of it will be docs, but not terribly much yet. I'm still working on
those, though, and I have a bit over a week before I leave on vacation, so I
think I can finish them for the most part.) I'm also checking in a test
case, and some modifications to the std library: support for += in UserList,
UserDict, UserString, and rfc822.Addresslist. Reviewers are more than
welcome, though I realize how large a patch it is. (Boy, do I realize that!)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>