[Python-Dev] Adding insint() function

Donald Beaudry Donald Beaudry <donb@init.com>
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 15:16:39 -0400

Andrew Kuchling <akuchlin@mems-exchange.org> wrote,
> This duplication bugs me.  Shall I submit a patch to add an API
> convenience function to do this, and change the modules to use it?
> Suggested prototype and name: PyDict_InsertInteger( dict *, string,
> long)

+0 but...

...why not:

   PyDict_SetValueString(PyObject* dict, char* key, char* fmt, ...)

and

   PyDict_SetValue(PyObject* dict, PyObject* key, char* fmt, ...)

where the fmt is Py_BuildValue() format string and the ... is, of
course, the argument list.

--
Donald Beaudry                                     Ab Initio Software Corp.
                                                   201 Spring Street