[Python-Dev] Who can make test_fork1 fail?

Trent Mick trentm@ActiveState.com
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 16:59:40 -0700

On Sat, Aug 19, 2000 at 01:11:28AM -0400, Tim Peters wrote:
> Note that a patch has been posted to SourceForge that purports to solve
> *some* thread vs fork problems:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=101226&group_id=5470
>
> Since nobody has made real progress on figuring out why test_fork1 fails on
> some systems, would somebody who is able to make it fail please just try
> this patch & see what happens?

That patch *seems* to fix it for me. As before, I can get test_fork to fail
intermittently (i.e. it doesn't hang every time I run it) without the patch
and cannot get it to hang at all with the patch.

Would you like me to run and provide the instrumented output that I showed
last time this topic came up?

Trent

--
Trent Mick