[Python-Dev] Cookie.py

Fri, 11 Aug 2000 12:26:08 -0400

On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 07:12:21PM +0300, Moshe Zadka wrote:
>This is a continuation of a previous server-side cookie support.
>There is a liberally licensed (old-Python license) framework called
>Webware, which includes Cookie.py, (apparently the same one by Timothy
>O'Malley). How about taking that Cookie.py?

O'Malley got in touch with me and let me know that the license has
been changed to the 1.5.2 license with his departure from BBN.  He
hasn't sent me a URL where the current version can be downloaded,
though.  I don't know if WebWare has the most current version; it
seems not, since O'Malley's was dated 06/21 and WebWare's was checked
in on May 23.

By the way, I'd suggest adding Cookie.py to a new 'web' package, and
taking advantage of the move to break backward compatibility and
remove the automatic usage of pickle (assuming it's still there).

--amk