[Python-Dev] relative package imports, version numbering, yadda yadda

James C. Ahlstrom jim@interet.com
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 13:59:03 -0400

Skip Montanaro wrote:
> So I started looking around at the versions and dates of various copies of
> asynchat.py.
> What's apparently been happening is that people have picked up asyncore and
> asynchat at various time and stuck them in their own CVS repositories
> without somehow freezing the Id string of the version they originally got
> from Sam Rushing.  It's not clear what the differences are until you compare
> the actual files.  It turns out that the Zope 2.0 and Medusa versions have

Yes, I have had this happen too.  I am unwilling and unable to risk
this sort of problem at a customer's site.  So I ship a complete
app with no external dependencies.  Also crude but effective.

Jim Ahlstrom