[Python-Dev] Catching "return" and "return expr" at compile time

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Wed, 08 Sep 1999 15:11:35 -0700

Mark Hammond wrote:
> Actually, I struggled with this a _lot_, then found that P2C has a module
> called "transform" which flattens the parse tree down to something I can
> understand (which is good :-)
>
> I could simply attach it, but it is grafted to P2C IIRC.  If there is
> interest I will rip it out...

transformer.py operates quite independently.

It is a relatively large module, though (33k), so I would recommend
people just grab the P2C distribution from
http://www.mudlib.org/~rassilon/p2c/.

I have started to put together a page at
http://www.lyra.org/greg/python/ that includes the various modules that
I've "published". I'll get transformer over there in the next day or
two.

Cheers,
-g

--