[Python-Dev] 'stackless' python?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu May 13 21:50:44 CEST 1999

> In general, I still think it's a cool idea, but I also still think
> that continuations are too complicated for most programmers.  (This
> comes from the realization that they are too complicated for me!)

in an earlier life, I used non-preemtive threads (that is,
explicit yields) and co-routines to do some really cool
stuff with very little code.  looks like a stack-less inter-
preter would make it trivial to implement that.

might just be nostalgia, but I think I would give an arm
or two to get that (not necessarily my own, though ;-)

</F>