[Python-Dev] Stackless Preview

Christian Tismer tismer at appliedbiometrics.com
Tue Jun 8 22:15:04 CEST 1999

Jeremy Hylton wrote:
[...]
> I'm one of the silent 5 or 6.  My reasons fall under "None of the
> above."   They are three in number:
>     1. No time (the perennial excuse; next 2 weeks are quite hectic)
>     2. I tried to use ndiff to compare old and new ceval.c, but
>        ran into some problems with that tool.  (Tim, it looks
>        like the line endings are identical -- all '\012'.)

Yes, there are a lot of changes.
As a hint: windiff from VC++ does a great job here.
You can see both sources in one, in a very readable
colored form.

>     3. Wasn't sure what to look at first
>
> My only suggestion would be to have an executive summary.  If there
> was a short README file -- no more than 150 lines -- that described
> the essentials of the approach and told me what to look at first, I
> would be able to comment more quickly.

Thanks a lot. Will do this tomorrow moaning as my first task.

feeling much better - ciao - chris

Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 101   :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net
10553 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net