[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Modules posixmodule.c,2.120,2.121

Thu, 16 Dec 1999 12:09:11 -0600 (CST)

    Greg> On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Guido van Rossum wrote:
    >> I don't think there's much of a need to worry about this.  Why are
    >> you always bringing up this subject?  No-one else that I know has
    >> ever had this concern...

    Greg> Somebody has to :-)

    Greg> Keeping the working set low is more efficient from a system
    Greg> standpoint.

Not to mention the not-all-that-occasional-anymore requests to have Python
on various itty-bitty things like Palm Pilots and WinCE devices.  It's one
thing to add size to modules people can live without for many applications,
but I think the posix module and its other platform-specific relations are
fairly heavily used.  (I realize this specific example isn't likely to apply
to PP/WinCE.)

Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/
847-971-7098   | Python: Programming the way Guido indented...