[Python-Dev] about line numbers

Vladimir Marangozov Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 22:22:12 +0100 (NFT)

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> I'm a little anxious about modifying the code, and was thinking myself
> of a way to specify a bitvector of addresses where to break.  But that
> would still cause some overhead for code without breakpoints, so I
> guess you're right (and it's certainly a long-standing tradition in
> breakpoint-setting!)

Hm. You're probably right, especially if someone wants to inspect
a code object from the debugger or something. But I belive, that
we can manage to redirect the instruction pointer in the beginning
of eval_code2 to the *copy* of co_code, and modify the copy with
CALL_TRACE, preserving the original intact.

--
       Vladimir MARANGOZOV          | Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr