[Python-cuba] Spreading the word...

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sun May 10 07:21:08 CEST 2015

I am letting my network know of our working
group, here are two pointers to my haunts:

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/edu-sig/2015-May/011244.html

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/portland/2015-May/001676.html

Also updated my co-workers at O'Reilly School
that this exists.

Debra Woods, school principal, was just in
Cuba a few weeks ago.

I've never been, though I consider myself well
traveled (Moscow, Thimphu, Shanghai...).

Nothing shared with Manila Users Group yet.

I think an important thing to remind people is Pycons
are not designed to run serially but in parallel.

Some may be thinking "we could not do a Pycon
without stealing someone else's thunder" like a
zero sum game.

It's not like that.  Think of "Pycon" as a synonym
of "Python Circus".

Having one in Cuba at the same time a Pycon
is also happening elsewhere is in principle not
something to worry about.  One could set up
live tele-links between them and do panel talks
together and stuff, lots of possibilities.

I'm not suggesting the misapprehension is
widespread, but I do think "parallel versus
sequential" and the fact that Pycons are
designed to run in parallel, is worth addressing
up front.

Kirby