[python-crypto] Help with M2Crypto on Windows?

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Tue Feb 2 12:04:46 EST 2016

Hi,

I am the crazy guy who decided to continue in maintenance of
M2Crypto when everybody else wisely (?) left the ship.
Unfortunately (for M2Crypto), I am a Linux guy, so while I have
finally gave up and installed Windows X in VM, I am really lost
in the Windows APIs and we have currently M2Crypto released
which doesn't even build on Windows.

The official upstream repo for M2Crypto is now on
https://gitlab.com/m2crypto/m2crypto/ and I have this merge
request https://gitlab.com/m2crypto/m2crypto/merge_requests/26
where I am trying to make things working.

I have managed to make CI on Appveyor working for me, but still
even the build fails (not mentioning I haven't run the tests on
Windows ever).

Is there anybody here who would be willing and able to help with
fixing problems of M2Crypto on Windows?

Also, if anybody else is willing to help with issues we have,
I would hugely appreciate it and you would increase your karma
on project which is suprisingly popular and widly used.  Aside
from Windows people I am looking for somebody who would be
willing to help with maintenance on Macs. It is at least Unix so
we have POSIX APIs there, but still intricacies of brew and
weird Apple policies on providing non-working header files for
non-existent libraries (at least that's my feeling from their
stance on OpenSSL) baffles me.

Thank you for any help,

Matěj

https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz

Wise walks steady step, only fools around them dance contemporary
dances.
  -- Franz Kafka