[PYTHON-CRYPTO] OpenSSL Netscape SPKI

Heikki Toivonen heikki at OSAFOUNDATION.ORG
Mon Mar 3 20:38:04 CET 2008

Richard Smith wrote:
> The reason I'm asking, is that I am currently using pyOpenSSL which is
> horrendous to use... It's not been updated since forever, but usefully has a
> NetscapeSPKI class.
>
> Is there a way I can load SPKAC requests into M2Crypto so that I can create
> certs from keys created by Netscape/Mozilla based browsers?

I don't know specifically, but if you can look at what pyOpenSSL does,
I'd be happy to take a patch (or implement myself if not too large a
feature) for M2Crypto.

I also heard some Twisted developers (exarkun and bigdog) have started
working on improving pyOpenSSL so you might want to check with them as
well. Downloads here: http://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/builds/

--
  Heikki Toivonen