[PYTHON-CRYPTO] Python, Windows, OpenSSL and applink.c

Haskins Family jlj.haskins at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 22 16:08:08 CET 2007

> Hope springs eternal so I downloaded a fresh copy of
> python-2.4.4.msi.  ...and got the same OPENSSL_Applink error, again.
> Ugh.  Admittedly I used mingw32 (gcc) to compile M2Crypto and that
> may be the problem.

I'm not sure if you're totally committed to Python2.4.4, but I did this
using Python2.5.
1. Install fresh python25.msi
2. Hacked the Configure file
    - remove the -DUSE_OPENSSL_APPLINK flag
3. Hacked the util\pl\VC-32.pl file
    - comment out lines ~205-226 (find "Engage Applink" and remove stuff
upto elsif statement)
4. Build openssl using MSVS 2003
5. Copy fresh libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll to Windows/system32
6. Copy fresh libeay32.lib and ssleay32.lib to python25/libs/.
7. Build M2Crypto0.17 as normal