[PYTHON-CRYPTO] Missing get0_signers in 0.17 and "header too long:asn1_lib.c" with 0.13 or 0.17 with p7m file

Marco Bizzarri marco.bizzarri at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 8 22:18:01 CET 2007

Hi all. I've two different problems with two files which should be
signed and readable.

The first one is that it looks like the get0_signers method is missing
from the 0.17 of M2Crypto. Is there any problem in this method?
Otherwise, I can try to add it by myself copying from the code of
0.13.

The second one is with a p7m file. I try to do the following on it:

    def _load_pkcs7_bio_der(self, p7_bio):
        p7_ptr = m2.pkcs7_read_bio_der(p7_bio._ptr())
        if p7_ptr is None:
            raise Err.get_error()
        return SMIME.PKCS7(p7_ptr, 1)

    def run(self, file):
        import pdb; pdb.set_trace()
        p7_bio = BIO.MemoryBuffer(file.read())
        try:
            p7 = self._load_pkcs7_bio_der(p7_bio)
        except:
            return []

in the except branch I always get an exception with this file, with
the following exception:

6720:error:0D07207B:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_get_object:header too
long:asn1_lib.c:150:

If posting the file to the list is appropriate, I can do it.

Regards
Marco

--
Marco Bizzarri