[PYTHON-CRYPTO] ECDSA example?

Larry Bugbee bugbee at SEANET.COM
Sun Mar 19 05:24:13 CET 2006

On Mar 18, 2006, at 3:00 PM, PYTHON-CRYPTO automatic digest system
wrote:

> Larry Bugbee wrote:
>> Has anyone seen a short ECDSA/SHA-1 signing and verification example
>> using M2Crypto/OpenSSL?  A link or a few tips would be most helpful.
>
> Did you look at the ECDSA signatures and ECDH key agreement unit tests
> and demos from Arno Bakker, checked in to current M2Crypto trunk (will
> be included in M2Crypto 0.16)?
>
> http://wiki.osafoundation.org/bin/view/Projects/MeTooCrypto
>
> --=20
>   Heikki Toivonen

Thanks.  I did.  No go.

As per your suggestion I got a fresh copy from svn, installed it, and
tried both ./tests/test_ecdsa.py and ./demo/ec/ecdsatest.py   Both
still failed.  Figuring you wouldn't steer me wrong, I went over to
my Linux box and did the same thing.  Both programs worked
flawlessly.  :-/

Soooooo....  I need to go figure out OSX.  ...again.  (OSX 10.4.5,
python 2.4.1, gcc 3.3, openssl 0.9.8, swig 1.3.25)  I'll let you know.

Tx, Larry