[PYTHON-CRYPTO] ANN: M2Crypto 0.16beta2

Thomas D. Uram turam at MCS.ANL.GOV
Mon Jun 19 22:37:54 CEST 2006

While the Python version requirement is stated as "2.3 or newer",
version 378
of M2Crypto/SSL/Cipher.py introduced Python2.4-specific code:

    def __iter__(self):
        return (self[i] for i in xrange(m2.sk_ssl_cipher_num(self.stack)))

(see diff at
http://viewcvs.osafoundation.org/m2crypto/trunk/M2Crypto/SSL/Cipher.py?rev=378&r1=299&r2=378)

If generators are preferred for this code, the following 2.3-compatible
code could be used instead:

    def __iter__(self):
        for i in xrange(m2.sk_ssl_cipher_num(self.stack)):
            yield self[i]

Personally, I'd like to see python 2.3 compatibility preserved.

Tom