[PYTHON-CRYPTO] m2crypto version confusion

Heikki Toivonen heikki at OSAFOUNDATION.ORG
Mon Feb 6 19:54:42 CET 2006

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Amen. I really wish somebody made the time to pack up a proper release
> rather than pointing people to svn or snapshot tarballs. (FWIW, I've
> used 0.15, and AFAICT it's of release quality, fixing many of the
> issues with 0.13.)

Originally I only had 0.15 svn information 'cos I assumed Ng would put
it up on the official M2Crypto homepage. He hasn't, and there were
requests for a 0.15 tarball which I did a few months ago. You can find
it from http://wiki.osafoundation.org/bin/view/Projects/MeTooCrypto

> ISTM that M2Crypto's original author has lost interest or at least has no time.

Yeah, Ng hasn't done any M2Crypto work since 0.13.1 so it seems I've
become the de facto maintainer. I don't have access to Ng's page, so
this sort of means that
http://wiki.osafoundation.org/bin/view/Projects/MeTooCrypto has also
become the de facto M2Crypto homepage.

--