[PYTHON-CRYPTO] Bug in SSL.Context.load_verify_locations ?

Ng Pheng Siong ngps at POST1.COM
Mon May 31 06:52:54 CEST 2004

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 11:52:26AM +0100, Jon Ribbens wrote:
> I think this is beacuse of:
>
>     def load_verify_locations(self, cafile=None, capath=None):
>         return m2.ssl_ctx_load_verify_locations(self.ctx, cafile, capath or '')
>
> You are passing an empty string to X509_STORE_load_locations, when it
> should be NULL instead.

Oops.

> Also it might be nice if m2crypto threw an exception when OpenSSL
> reported an error.

Yes, that's the general intention. When it does not, that usually indicates
a bug.

Thanks for the note.

(As mentioned on my blog, I'm looking into putting up a public code
repository for M2Crypto. I hope that will reduce the turnaround time on bug
fixes.)

Cheers.

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps at netmemetic.com>