[PYTHON-CRYPTO] m2crypto basic question

Ng Pheng Siong ngps at NETMEMETIC.COM
Thu Dec 9 02:58:15 CET 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 04:18:01PM -0800, Monte Goode wrote:
> but when i call X509.get_pubkey() - i can not figure out what to do with
> the pointer that is returned.  this is the point at which i get stuck.
> so: is there a way to take the return value of X509.get_pubkey() and get
> it into some sort of RSA_pub-like object so i can examine it's contents?

X509.get_pubkey calls get_pubkey() in SWIG/_x509.i and returns an EVP_PKEY*.

OpenSSL has function EVP_PKEY_get1_RSA which returns an RSA* from the
EVP_PKEY*.

This function isn't available in M2Crypto. Its wrapper should go into
M2Crypt.EVP.PKey which has method assign_rsa - "Assign the RSA key pair to
self". This method you want should be called, say, extract_rsa (and
analogously extract_rsa_pub) - "Extract self's RSA keypair (pubkey) into an
RSA.RSA (RSA.RSA_pub) instance".

I thank you in advance for your patches. ;-)

>  or is there a simpler way using the api to verify that the certifiate
> matches my keypair?

Dunno, by trying to use the certificate together with the key pair? I can't
estimate the programming effort off hand.

HTH. Cheers.

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps at netmemetic.com>

http://sandbox.rulemaker.net/ngps -+- M2Crypto, ZServerSSL for Zope, Blog