[PYTHON-CRYPTO] m2crypto-0.13 problem

Robert Penz robert.penz at OUTERTECH.COM
Wed Dec 8 10:42:22 CET 2004

On Tuesday 07 December 2004 21:33, G Dang wrote:

> Don't know if you've resolved your issue yet...
>
> I've ran into a similar problem, with the SMIME.smime_load_pkcs* routimes.
> Drove me nuts for awhile.  The problem was within the OpenSSL code, but
> the darn SystemError wasn't being very helpful.  A simple patch for the
> 2 routines:
>
>     -p7_ptr, bio_ptr = m2.smime_read_pkcs7(bio)
>     +try:
>     +    p7_ptr = None
>     +    bio_ptr = None
>     +    p7_ptr, bio_ptr = m2.smime_read_pkcs7(bio) # or (p7_bio.ptr())
>     +except SystemError, e:
>     +    pass
>
> will let the Err.get_error() handler does its job in backtracking where
> the problem could be.  In my case, it turns out to be somewhere in the
I'll can try that.

> OpenSSL \crypto\pkcs7 modules -- someone merged broken codes into the
> ver 97d.  I had to go through the change logs and CVS to grab back
> revision I needed.
I tried it with more than one openssl version.

> BTW, your .eml file still generated errors, something to do with the
> base64 decoding, the SMIME_read_PKCS7 calls tries to read and return
> a BIO, along the the P7 pointer.  The SMIME.smime_load_pkcs() call
> did not return a BIO (None).  Your encoded message could be bad? (or
> outstanding issue with OpenSSL?)
i can decode it with smime_load_pkcs7() and also on the command line with
openssl. with  smime_load_pkcs7_bio I even can't load it, so i think its an
interal error and not a openssl error.

--
Regards,
Robert